Sunday, 5 June 2011

The Bell Jar has resonated.

I've Just read this in 'The Bell Jar' by Sylvia Plath and I underlined it with my little white pencil because it resonated with me so...here is another quote, it has been a day of quotes today mainly because others say it much more eloquently than me:

'It's like watching Paris from an express caboose heading in the opposite direction-every second the city gets smaller and smaller, only you feel it's really you getting smaller and smaller and lonelier and lonelier, rushing away from all those lights and that excitement at about a million miles an hour'.

I have a growing excitement in me at the prospect of getting under my thin 'summer duvet', resting my weary head on my pillow and reading into the wee hours in the cosy glow of my room as the world sleeps around me, possibly reaching over to my desk and writing something meaningful oh the prospect of it, right now I want nothing more in the world than this simpleness and restfulness for the soul.....aaahhhh it really is the small things we need to make the big things happen.

2 comments :

  1. I love Plath's poems so I recently bought The Bell Jar. It's been sitting on my nightstand for weeks because I haven't had time to get to it. Your post has motivated me to begin reading it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love her poems too and recently people kept mentioning 'The Bell Jar' and it kept coming up so I thought I better read it, I'm about half way through at the moment and have really enjoyed it, hope you do to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments or feedback, lovely readers. I will take the time to read them all and appreciate you taking the time to read the posts and leaving a comment.