Sunday, 5 June 2011

A city of Stories and Music and oh The Beatles.

Way back in the cold of February I went to Liverpool with my boyfriend, in what can only be described as a pilgrimage to 'The Beatles'. It is a city that has lived through things... that you can tell, I wouldn't call it a beautiful but aesthetically and atmospherically it was interesting and fascinating. A city full of stories is how I would describe it. Due to this many photos were taken (see below for some of these). All I can say is that by the end of the day I wished I was in my early 20's in the 1960's living in Liverpool, music was the city and the city was music. As uploading these photos I listened to this (and others) and it bought the atmosphere back to me, have a listen and turn it up loud-it is the perfect sound-drop to the photos below.










                                    His name is James so this photo had to be taken....
                                The old Docklands

























 This area by the river, was away from the main bustle of the city and mainly deserted, we sat here for quite some time, a quiet haven.





1 comment :

  1. I've always believed that I was born at the wrong time. It's my dream to go to Liverpool. Your pictures are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments or feedback, lovely readers. I will take the time to read them all and appreciate you taking the time to read the posts and leaving a comment.